Renewing/Extending Your Study Permit

Author: NEHA GANPAT NARAKE Webware |

If your study permit expires before you have completed your program of study, you will need to apply for a renewal. You should apply for a new study permit before your old one expires, and it is generally a good idea to submit your application at least 30 days before your current permit expires. You may submit your application online or by mail.

After the extension of your study permit has been approved, you may apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), if required.

If you are studying in Quebec, you may also need to obtain a new Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) . As a general rule, if you require a study permit, you also require a CAQ.

Read More Blog Articles