Work in Canada after your studies

Author: NEHA GANPAT NARAKE Webware |

If your time as a student in Canada gives you a taste for butter tarts,poutine and the good life, you may want to stay here to work. If you do, we want to make sure you benefit from your education by working in a sector and career you love.

Yes, you can work in Canada after you graduate. There are 3 ways to make this dream a reality:

  • Post-graduation work permit
  • Express Entry
  • Provincial Nominee Program

Post-graduation work permit

This Government of Canada program allows students who have graduated from certain post-secondary schools to get valuable work experience in Canada. The post-graduation work permit is temporary.

The Canadian work experience you gain through a post-graduation work permit can help you qualify for permanent residence in Canada through Express Entry.

Find out more about staying in Canada after you graduate and apply for your work permit.

Express Entry

Express Entry is the first step for most people who wish to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. After you have studied and worked in Canada, complete an online profile to see if you have the education, skills, work experience and language ability to be a candidate. The federal government invites top candidates to apply for permanent residence.

Learn more about Express Entry and apply for your opportunity to stay in Canada.

Provincial Nominee Program

Almost all of Canada’s provinces and territories can nominate people to immigrate to Canada.

As an international student who graduated from a Canadian college or university, you have the foundation and education to potentially start a career in a province or territory where you’d like to live.

Read More Blog Articles