8. I have U.S. permanent residency (Green Card). Do I need a visa or an eTA to visit Canada, or can I use my Green Card?

Author: Johnson Varughese |

As a U.S. Green Card holder, you do not need a visitor visa (TRV) to travel to Canada. However, you need an eTA if you plan to fly to Canada.
When flying to Canada, you will need to present:

  • proof of status in the U.S. (such as a valid Green Card), and
  • your valid passport that you used to apply for your eTA.

The Canadian border services officer will verify your eTA when you arrive in Canada.When travelling by land or sea directly from the U.S., you will only need to provide proof of your U.S. lawful permanent resident status (such as your Green Card).

Read More Blog Articles