6. Do I need an eTA and a visitor visa?

Author: Johnson Varughese |

No. An eTA is only required for visa-exempt travellers. Citizens of countries that are not currently visa-exempt country who wish to enter Canada for a temporary purpose, such as tourists, temporary foreign workers (work permits) and international students (study permits), must apply for and be granted a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). The TRV is a document issued by a Canadian Immigration Visa Office outside Canada, showing that the holder has satisfied the requirements for admission to Canada as a visitor. Temporary Resident Visas may be for single entry or multiple entry.

Read More Blog Articles