17. Can children accompany an international student to Canada?

Author: Johnson Varughese |

While a study permit authorizes international students to pursue their studies while in Canada, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) allows a person to enter Canada. Depending on the country of citizenship, an international student may need a visa for entry.

Applicants from countries requiring a TRV must submit their passports along with their study permit application to a Canadian Visa Office abroad. A TRV will be issued in the passport to allow such applicants to travel to Canada to have their study permits issued at a Canadian port of entry.

Read More Blog Articles