16. Can a spouse be included on the application?

Author: Johnson Varughese |

If a potential student plans to study full-time, his or her spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit. He or she must pass a medical exam. An offer of employment is not required. This open work permit is appropriate if the spouse is accompanying the student but is not a student himself or herself. In the study permit application, the applicant should indicate that the spouse will accompanying him or her to Canada. The applicant could mention in the application cover letter that he or she want an open work permit for his or her spouse.

If the accompanying spouse wishes to study here, he or she should apply for his or her own study permit.

Read More Blog Articles