1. What are the eligibility requirements for a Canada Immigration Visa under the Federal Skilled Worker category?
To be eligible for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa under the Skilled Worker category, candidates must:
- have at least one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent, paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill level 0, A or B); or
- qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Impact Assessment; or
- have completed a PhD from a recognized institution in Canada; or
- have completed two years of study at a recognized institution in Canada towards a PhD;
Candidates must also:
- have settlement funds for settlement in Canada; and
- pass a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada's two official languages (English/French).
In addition, Canada Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants must attain at least 67 points based on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC, formerly CIC) six immigration selection factors. Finally, all applicants and their accompanying and non-accompanying dependents, under all categories of Canadian Immigration, must satisfy Canadian health and security/criminality requirements.