Permanent Residence under the Self-Employed Persons Class
Canada welcomes successful business people who are seeking new opportunities and challenges. The Self-Employed Persons Class is designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of these individuals. Both the federal and provincial/territorial governments welcome self-employed immigrants and offer services to help them settle in Canada. Self-employed immigrants must have relevant experience within the five-year period immediately preceding the date of application. Relevant experience in respect of a self-employed person, means
- For at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application:
- Self-employment in cultural activities or athletics
- Participation, at the world-class level, in cultural activities or athletics.
- No immigration conditions are imposed on this class.
- Self-employed immigrants must have the experience, intention and ability to:
- establish a business that will, at a minimum, create an employment opportunity for themselves and that will make a significant contribution to cultural activities or athletics in Canada.