7. If someone on implied status leaves Canada, can they re-enter the country?

Author: Johnson Varughese |

People who leave Canada while on implied status may be able to re-enter Canada as temporary residents if they have a multiple-entry visa, or if they are temporary resident visa (TRV)-exempt. If someone from a country that requires a TRV leaves Canada to visit the United States or St Pierre and Miquelon only, he or she is considered TRV-exempt and can return to Canada as a temporary resident.

However, individuals on implied status in Canada cannot resume work or study after leaving and re-entering the country, until the new permit is issued for work or study. That is, if a student leaves Canada while on implied status and returns to the country before a decision has been made on the application, he or she will not be able to resume studying.

Read More Blog Articles