Spousal Sponsorship By Life Ashore Immigration Consultancy Inc.

Author: Johnson Varughese | | Categories: Atlantic Immigration Pilot , Canada Immigration Consultant , Immigration To Canada , Spousal Sponsorship Canada , Start-Up Visa Canada

Blog by Life Ashore Immigration Consultancy Inc.

Did you know that family reunification is one of the three pillars of CIC’s (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) immigration program?

As a result of this, Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their spouse or common-law partner for immigration to Canada. However, if you are interested in this pathway to permanent residence, either as the sponsor or sponsored person, there is a lot you have to consider. Both the sponsor and sponsored person must be approved by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the sponsored person to receive Canadian permanent residence. To offer more insights into this method of immigration, Life Ashore Immigration Consultancy Inc. has covered a few details about it in this blog.

The immigration program through which a Canadian citizen and permanent resident can sponsor their spouse or common-law partner is called Spousal Sponsorship. It is a Canadian immigration program created to keep loved ones together. If an individual is married to a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, they can sponsor the individual’s application for permanent residence in Canada if specific criteria are met. Canadian immigration policy and legislation have a long tradition of supporting family reunification, which permits both recent immigrants and long-established Canadians to be reunited with members of their families. Sponsorship applications take approximately twelve months or longer to process from start to finish. As stated earlier, individuals are only eligible for this if specific criteria are met.

Additionally, the applicant must be at least eighteen years old. They also have to provide proof of their relationship with the person sponsoring them. This can be in the form of a marriage certificate and other proof of marriage registration with a government authority. Under Canadian immigration law, common-law relationships are also viewed in the same way as a conventional marriage. In the case of common-law, the individual will have to provide photos of them and their common-law partner that demonstrates that they are in a conjugal relationship. Similarly, they must show proof that they have lived together for at least a year.

Another aspect required is evidence of shared expenses between the sponsored person and their partner. Other documents that indicate that they are recognized as each other’s common-law partner may also be requested. Visa officers will consider a range of items to determine if a relationship is genuine, some more traditional than others, such as wedding photos, etc. In case of an unconventional relationship situation, letters of explanation can also help visa officers understand why the applicant’s relationship with their partner in Canada may not have the same indicators as more traditional marriages.

For more details about Spousal Sponsorship, reach out to Life Ashore Immigration Consultancy Inc. by giving us a call at (416) 827 6265 or emailing us at [email protected]. We are an immigration consulting firm and IELTS training centre in Toronto, Ontario. Our organization comprises knowledgeable and experienced immigration consultants who are members in good standing with Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) and people-oriented administrative staff. We are result-oriented immigration consultants assisting individuals applying for permanent residence, study permits, work permits, sponsorships, business investments, etc. We offer a reasonable and very competitive price for the services we provide. To learn all about our services, please click here. To get in touch with us, please contact us here.

Read More Blog Articles