13. If I cannot qualify for rehabilitation, are there any other options available if I need to enter Canada with a criminally inadmissible record?

Author: Johnson Varughese |

Yes. If the applicable rehabilitation requirements have not been met, but an otherwise criminally inadmissible person has a pressing need to enter Canada, a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) may be granted. A TRP will only be granted if the danger to the Canadian public is outweighed by the criminally inadmissible person's need to be in Canada. Therefore, both the seriousness of the person's prior offence(s) and the legitimate urgency of their need to enter Canada (such as visiting a dying relative) will factor into the decision.

Read More Blog Articles